Engr Mrs AGBOOLA
AGBOOLA, Monsurat Oluwatoyin (Mrs.)
(nee Adesanya) FNSE, FNIWE, FICA
Address: 01/52 Road D, Sam Ewang Housing Estate, Abeokuta
Postal Address: P. O. Box 6967 Sapon, Abeokuta
|DATE OF BIRTH:||12th March 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH:||Ota|
|STATE OF ORIGIN:||Ogun|
|NUMBER OF CHILDREN:||Four (4)|
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED AND QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED WITH DATES
- Ahmed Memorial Primary School , Agege Lagos- 1971
- Ikeja local Authority Secondary Modern School , Ikeja Lagos – 1973
- Ikeja Grammar School Oshodi , Lagos – 1978
- Federal School of Arts and Science , Victoria Island , Lagos – 1979
- Ogun State Polytechnic (Now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic), Abeokuta HND in Civil Engineering 1983.
- Engineering Technical –COHEN – 1993
- Graduate ship Certificate –Nigeria Society of Engineers – 1998
- Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria ( COREN) – 2002
- National Open University of Nigeria, Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management 2010
- National Open University of Nigeria , Master degree certificate – 2014
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Engineering Technologist – COREN – 1993
- Graduate-ship Certificate – Nigeria Society of Engineers (0947719) 1998
- Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria ( COREN) (882219) 2002
- Fellow Nigerian Water Supply Association 2013
- Member The Institute of Environmental Engineering 2002
- Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers 2015
- Fellow Nigerian Society of Water Engineers 2015
- Fellow Institute of Corporate Administration 2017
WORK HISTORY WITH DATES
|Permanent Secretary Ogun State Government||
|General Manager Ogun State Water Corporation||
2012 to 2019
|Director of Engineering Distribution||
|Ag. Zonal Engineering Coordinator Egba/Yewa||
|Area Manager Odeda area||
|Higher Technical Officer||
|Secondary School Teacher (Abolade Grammar School)||
1984 to 1985
|Technical Staff with Alfonso Construction company
(NYSC Primary Assignment)
|Vacation job with Lagos State Works Management Board||
|Vacation job with Lagos State Works Management Board||
|Student attached to Ogun State Ministry of Works and Transport (High way Section)||
|29TH JANUARY, 2019 TILL DATE||OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT|| PERMANENT SECRETARY OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT 29TH JANUARY, 2019
|MARCH 2012 TILL DATE||OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT|| GENERAL MANAGER OF OGUN STATE WATER CORPORATION, MARCH 2012 TO 29TH JANUARY, 2019
- The Accounting Officer and Administrative Head of Ogun State Water Corporation, ensuring availability of potable water supply in the major cities urban areas.
- Decision maker for implementation by Head of each Department
- Project Director/Administrator, 1st National Urban Water Sector Reform Project, Project Implementation Unit, Ogun State Water Corporation to execute a $72Million World Bank Assisted Projects.
The reform in the Corporation was tackled under four major headings viz:
- Improvement and Expansion of Water Supply Approach
- Institutional Development Approach
- Sustenance of Water Supply Approach
- Development of State Water Utility Action Plan
IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION OF WATER SUPPLY APPROACH
- Rehabilitation of Abeokuta Water Supply Scheme, project cost – N2billion.
- Channelization of overflow duct at Asaran elevated reservoir – N1million
- Construction of customer service pipeline complete with house connections in Sagamu – N9million.
- Construction of customer service pipeline complete with house connections in Ijebu-igbo – N08million.
- Construction of transmission trunk mains from Papalanto to Ilaro – N47million
- Construction of customer service pipeline complete with house connections in Abeokuta – N88million
- Construction of transmission trunk mains from Papalanto to Ifo including customer service pipes and house connections – N46million
- Construction of Sagamu Water Supply Scheme Intake structure – N66million
- Procurement of pump set to improve production efficiency – N376million.
- Procurement of domestic & bulk meters –
- Procurement of valves and fittings to improve operational efficiency – N29million.
- Relocation of distribution pipe network for Sapon, Abeokuta – N
- Relocation of distribution pipe network for Itoku, Abeokuta – N
INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT APPROACH
Fully automated internal working process: improvement on the installation of internet (wireless LAN) facilities in a first class working environment. Building a robust system that is staff friendly and one of its kind sustaining the vision of the corporation, which includes:
- Improvement on the Pay-Direct (E-Payment) with Interswitch connectivity to five banks to improve billing, payment mode and enhance revenue generation.
- Injection and redeployment of professionals.
- Training and retraining of staff locally and internationally.
- Training program with Uganda Waters to enhance performance of the Corporation.
- Improve customer care service delivery with the toll free GSM phone lines: MTN 08031230137, Zain 07080601900, Glo 07058890007.
- Entrenchment of Total Quality Management (TQM) with well primed, well trained, locally and internationally exposed staff better positioned for standard practice in service delivery
- Improved working environment with adequate tools.
- Computerized human resources and financial management procedures.
- Strategy planning and re- alignment of the staff orientation to achieve set goals.
- Improvement on effective evaluation and monitoring processing to ensure availability of data of financial model to be able to predict performance in relation to Key Result Indicator (KRI) in tune with our mission, purpose and vision.
- Motivation to improve employees’ greater involvement, personal development and recognition of their achievements.
- Signing of a memorandum of understanding on a twining arrangement on WOP platform for effective operational performance which emphasize operational monitoring and evaluation geared towards financial sustainability.
- Development of Ogun State Urban Water Law and Policy.
SUSTENANCE OF WATER SUPPLY APPROACH
Government strong commitment to meeting the recurrent needs of the Corporation and prompt provision of essential equipment for water schemes coupled with my been vision oriented the following commitments were never toyed with in my dispensation:
- Implementation of the National Urban Water Sector Reform Projects (NUWSRP) funded by World Bank
- Constant supply of chemical to all water supply schemes.
- Constant supply of diesel to treatment plants and booster stations
- Prompt attention to staff welfare.
- Prompt maintenance of facilities and equipment.
DEVELOPMENT OF STATE WATER UTILITY ACTION PLAN
An Action Plan for Strengthening the State Water Utility-APISEC. It incorporates our reform goal and strategies for short term, medium term and long term organizational goals geared towards:
- Revenue generation improvement
- Internal reforms
- Internal operations efficiency improvement
- Creating an enabling business environment
- Strategizing to reduce None Revenue Water
- Ensuring accountability within the system.
Project Director/Administrator for Agence Française de Développement (AFD) loan taken by the Corporation for improvement of water services in Abeokuta to bring water closer to the people through the Project Implementation Unit, Ogun State Water Corporation to execute a $33.172Million AFD Assisted Project.
So far under the project:
The consultant has been engaged for Project Management Support and expression of interest has been advertised in National dailies and on the Corporations website for the following:
- Institutional Technical Assistance at OGSWC Implementation of Ogun State Urban Water law
- Supervision Consultancy Services for a Design and Build contract for the Replacement and Rehabilitation of five (5) Steel Sluice Gates (Confferdams) and Associated Civil, Electrical and Mechanical works on the Barrage on Ogun River, Abeokuta
- Design and Build contract for the Replacement and Rehabilitation of five (5) Steel Sluice Gates (Confferdams) and Associated Civil, Electrical and Mechanical works on the Barrage on Ogun River, Abeokuta
- Organizational Technical Assistance for Ogun State Water Corporation, Abeokuta Business Unit under the Ogun Urban Water Supply Project
OTHER WORKS CARRIED OUT INCLUDE:-
- Purchase of Truck:
- 1nos of 10,000litres IVECO water tanker,
- 1nos of Hiab Crane (10 tons, Mercedes benz) and
- 1nos Backhoe (CAT).
- Purchase of operational vehicles :
- 3 Hilux Double 4×4 Cabin, for Ayetoro, Ijebu-Igbo &Ilaro Areas
- 1 Salon Car (Toyota Corolla 1.8litres AT GLIFS)
- 1 Toyota hiace buses (16seater) for Abeokuta area
- Purchase of 500KVA Gen Set for Apoje Water Scheme to replace the 1,200KVA and 100kVA Gen set for Ikenne Borehole Scheme.
- Procurement & Installation of 42 Bulk Water Meters of different sizes for major water works
- Rehabilitation of 3 water reservoirs at Ibara Abeokuta &IteleIjebu
- Establishment of State Water Regulatory Commission
- Establishment of Small Town Water and Sanitation Agency
- Release of counterpart fund for AFD funded Ogun Water Supply Project (OgunWaSP)
- Adjustmentof the suction pipe at the Intake and fixing the leakage at the dilapilitated Barrage Gate,
- Repair 1,200MM pipe interconnection point at Iberekodo – 2012
- Oke-Abetu – Connection back to source – 2012
- Relocation and Realignment of 5 Kilometre pipeline constituting 300MM and 150MM diameter from Elega to Adatan affected by road construction. – 2018
- Adatan to Isale Ake the pipes were realigned and relocated. – 2017
- Water was also pushed to Keesi through a 2 inches pipeline in Isale-Ake. 2018
- Projection of 500MM line to supply Oke-Iro. -2018
- Provision of customer connection lines Saje/Kugba road 2018
- The relocation and replacement of 600MM diameter pipe that falls within the alignment of the bridge at Mokola/Elega it was an Ac pipe and we replaced it with a ductile iron. – 2018
- The realignment of 900MM pipe that falls within the alignment double span culvert was done. We also projected tertiary line out of the pipe to service the community around Ilugun and Itoko. – 2018
- Water has also been restored to Ilogbo, Ago-Oko and Erunbe. 2018
- All the pipes along the road from Ago-Oko to Ibara were all affected during the road expansion, all the lines have been relocated and water returned to Ibara axis. – 2013
- Water has also been returned to Omida, Jide Jones Street, Olusegun Osoba way and Ijeja/ Igbore. 2016
- We have also relocated the pipes at Totoro/Ita-Eko after the road construction. We laid the pipes on both sides of the road to prevent people from cutting the new road. – 2013
- At Ota, we did some kilometres of extensions at Housing Estate and Dafur, and the Ota Area Office was also rehabilitated. 2015
- The Corporation’s office building at Adatan was completed 2015, 2018
- Ita-Oshin Revenue Office was also rehabilitated.2014
- At Ijebu-Ode, we got water back to Golden Estate; Ogbogbo just to cut it short water was returned back to Ijebu-Ode. 2012
- Redirection Ikoto Housing Estate. 2012
- Relocation of pipeline from Itoku to Oke-Egunya 2013
- Realignment work at Akinolugbade 300MM pipe due to road construction. 2014
- Upgraded of service line at Apo from 100MM to 150MM and to 200MM diameter pipe. 2018
- Installation of Generating Sets at Iperu Booster Station and Illishan Water Scheme.
- Repair of Tank at Illishan.
- Relocation, replacement and restoration of water to Olorunsogo Isale in front of Technical College Idi-Aba, Abeokuta. -2018
- At Ayetoro, after the road construction, minimum pipeline was made so that the people of the Town can get drinking water. 2013
- A borehole was drilled at Iwopin when the people complained about the surface water we were treating and pumping to them, so we sank a new borehole.
- We also worked at Sodeke/Ikereku, we realigned the pipeline to pave way for the bridge. – 2018
- At Elega Housing Estate, we put some verve on the line to allow even distribution of water within the Estate. 2017
- The Headquarter building was also fenced round; the fence was collapsed in the cause of the road construction during the last administration.
- New pumps were procured for the following areas viz: Government House Abeokuta, Ipokia Water Scheme, Ibooro Water Scheme and Governor’s Office. We replaced the pump at Yemoji Water Scheme on Itamapako line with new one, On Papalanto/Ilaro line the pump too was changed and the pump was adapted the pump was vertical and it was changed to horizontal.
- Two new boreholes were drilled for Odeda Town, one of them could not function well due to lack of energy and the second one was yet to be put into use.
- A new engine was purchased for the Hiab Vehicle. – 2015
- A new office building is also under construction at Ijebu-Ife Area office. – 2018
- Complete rehabilitation of Itele Water Scheme, a new generating set was eventually given to them having first repaired the old one.
- Rehabilitation of Oni intake house
- Repair oftank at Ijebu-Ife
- Imasayi, Ibooro and Joga had the problem of burnt borehole pump, we replaced the pump and also maintained the pipeline because we do not have the fund to replace. 2017
- Igbogila had a pump problem, we replaced the pump and the Boreholes were repaired.
- Restoration of water to Lantoro, Abule Oloni and Apo Quarry Road. Some buckets of extensions were done around the town which are too numerous to mention. 2013
- Completion of abandoned Federal Assisted Ota Water Supply Project.
- Construction of 13km dedicated 33kVA power line to Apoje Water works from Ijebu-Igbo.
- Construction of 12km dedicated 33kVA power line to Sagamu Water works from sub-station
- Construction of 10km dedicated 33kVA power line to Ogere Water works from Sub-station.
- Supply & Installation of 100kVA, 33/0.415Kv Transformers to nine Borehole Schemes; Ijebu-Ife, Igbogila, Ipokia, Iwopin, Abigi, Ilishan, Igbesa, Ado-Odo & Ajilete.
- Purchase of Staff Uniforms – 2013, 2016
|2005 TO MARCH 2012||OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT||DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING (DISTRIBUTION) FOR OGUN STATE WATER CORPORATION|
- Relocation and replacement of 300mm AC pipe with 400mm Ductile pipe and HDPE from Yemoji Water Supply Scheme to Ijebu Ode &Erunwon distance 22kilimeters
- Relocation of water Pipes on Ibara-Omida Road – N1million
- Extension of 100mm Diameter UPVC Pipe works to Unity Housing Estate Ayetoro road, Abeokuta & Odogbolu – N7million
- Replacement of Rising Mains Complete with Pipe Distribution Network at Ijebu-Ode – N63Billion
- Extension of Distribution Mains (Ajaka in Sagamu, Erebe road in Omu and Otegbeye Street in Ilaro) – N92million
- Extension of 100mm Diameter UPVC Pipe works to Oke-Magbon Estate Ikenne, Samba Junction Ijeun-Titun and Ifesowapo Community. Ayetoro Road Abeokuta. –N76million
- Provision of Reticulation pipeline to Olokemeji Borehole Scheme – N0million
- Relocation of Water pipeline Ejinrin road Ijebu-Ode- N3million
- Relocation and Extension of water pipes on Lalubu road Abeokuta-N3million
- Drilling of six numbers Boreholes at Laderin – N1million
- Provision of Water supply Laderin Phase (2) –N45million
- Extension of 100mm Diameter UPVC pipe works to Housing Estate units at Ayetoro road, Abeokuta &Odogbolu – N75million
- Relocation of pipeline along Mercy road, Onikolobo, Abeokuta –N0million
- Improvement of Water Supply at Irolu – N2miilon
- Improvement of Water Supply at Itele and its environs –N9million
- Provision of Reticulation pipeline at Olokemeji borehole scheme – N0million
- Improvement of Water Supply at Olokemeji borehole scheme – N47.1million
- Rehabilitation of Akaka water scheme – N4million
- Upgrading the capacity of Ilisan water scheme- N18million
- Improvement of water quality at Odonopa scheme –N33million
- Replacement of Ijebu-Ode Erunwon Rising mains and distribution network – N11billion
- Provision of back up borehole at Government house – N97million
- Provision of back up borehole supply for Governor’s office- N25million
- Extension of 100mm diameter UPVC pipe work to Irete road Omu, Luba road Ijebu-Ode &Imodi – Imosan-N8million
- Extension of 100mm diameter UPVC pipe work to Ajaka, Sagamu, Erebe road, Omu and Otegbeye Street Ilaro- N9million
- Extension of 150mm diameter AC pipe at |akesan road in Iperu and Improvement of water supply to Oniyanrin & Kuforiji Olubi, Adigbe, Abeokuta – N9million
- Relocation and Extension of Distribution Mains (Water Works road Sagamu) –N49million
- Replacement and Relocation of Pipeline (Lalubu road, Abeokuta) – N5million
- Extension of Distribution mains (Oke-Magbon Estate Ikenne, Samba Junction Ijeun-Titun and Ifesowapo Communities in Abeokuta) – N9.76million
- Pipeline Reticulation (Olokemeji Estate, Abeokuta) – N3million
- Distribution Mains extension (Unity Estate, Abeokuta and Odogbolu) – N7million
- Extension of Distribution Mains (Ajaka in Sagamu, Erebe road in Omu and Otegbeye Street in Ilaro) –N92million
- Relocation and replacement of 200mm AC pipe with 200mm steel pipe at kuto roundabout Abeokuta.
- Relocation and replacement of 250mm AC pipe with 400mm HDPE along Ibara /Omida road Abeokuta
- Extension of UPVC 100mm diameter pipeline at Presidential Hilltop Abeokuta
- Extension of UPVC 100mm diameter pipeline at Oloke, Akin Olugbade, Kuforiji Olubi and Oniyanrin environs.
- Extension of UPVC 100mm diameter pipeline at Unity Housing Estate.
- Extension of UPVC 100mm diameter pipeline at samba junction Ijeun – Titun, Abeokuta.
| 2000 TO 2001
|OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT||Area Manager of Odeda Cost Centre and Ag. ZONAL ENGINEERING COORDINATOR OF EGBA/YEWA FOR OGUN STATEWATER CORPORATION|
- To ensure smooth operation of all schemes under the coverage area which includes Ayetoro, Ota, Ilaro, Abeokuta Area offices
- Area Manager Odeda Area Office in control of distribution of water within the Schemes that supply the Areas.
|1998 TO 2000||OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT||AS CIVIL ENGINEER FOR OGUN STATE WATER CORPORATION,
1998 TO 2000
· Supervision of erection of 30,000litres capacity pressed steel tank and drilling of 150mm diameter borehole at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
· Supervision of rehabilitation of Ikenne Water Supply Scheme which entailed construction of
Generator-set / office building, rehabilitation of 80m3capacity Braithwaite Tank on 12m high stanchions, drilling 200mm diameter with adequately rated pump set and laying of 5 kilometers distribution pipeline.
· Supervision and construction of Ado/Odo generator set house,
· Provision of potable water supply to Odeda township via extension and connection of pipeline to
the rising mains from Osiele
· Additional supply boosting of water to Odeda township via drilling of borehole.
· Supervision of Sagamu water scheme rehabilitation project.
· Supervision of construction of Kobape water scheme which entailed construction of office buildings, drilling boreholes 200mm diameter with submersible pump set, laying 50mm diameter distribution main
and erection of 10,000 liters pressed steel tank.
· Supervision of Ilara generating set building and office building, construction of pipeline to Ogun
State Low Cost Housing Estate (Ewang Housing estate)- N50million.
· Supervision of construction work on Ilaro new pump house, office building and staff quarters.
· Supervision of the repair work on Asaran 1000mm diameter ductile iron pipe
· Supervision of the rehabilitation work on Wasimi Water Supply Scheme including drilling of one
150mm diameter borehole.
|1985TO 1998||OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT||AS PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL OFFICER FOR OGUN STATE WATER CORPORATION, 1985 TO 1998|
- Supervision of water pipelines in some parts of the state with the hydrology team of the corporation.
- Supervision of water supply borehole project to Ayetoro Comprehensive High School, Ayetoro
- Supervision of water supply schemes construction in some mechanic villages in ogun state.
- Supervision of construction and extension of water mains from osiele booster station to 1000cu.m Odeda concrete reservoir.
- Supervision and construction of borehole, including 200,000litres capacity pressed steel tank, office buildings and pipeline in Kobape village near Abeokuta.
- Supervision of Construction and drilling of Boreholes to fifteen rural villages in the state
- Supervision of Ifo /Akinside / Idogo Combined Scheme project. N0Million
- Supervision of Acquisition of 40 hectares of land and preparation for ground breaking of land for commencement of construction of Ota New Water Scheme (6.74Ml/D) – N0Million
- Supervision of Construction of 200mm pipeline 3.5kilometers distance from Ibara Booster Station to Governor’s office.
|1980 TO 1985||LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT, PRIVATE COMPANY (UNDER NATIONAL YOUTH CORPS PROGRAME) AND OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT.||AS A SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER, STUDENT ON VACATION JOB, YOUTH CORPS AND INDUSTRIAL ATTACHEE.
Teaching Junior and Senior Secondary Class students Mathematics ( Abolade Grammar school Oshodi.
Participated in the supervision in Construction of Jakande Secondary Schools in Amuwo Odofin Estate, Badagry and Ojo Lagos
Participated in the supervision of Construction of drainage works on Toyin Street Ikeja Lagos.
Participated in the supervision of construction of Federal Housing Unit in Osogbo and Ado Ekiti.
Supervision of construction of flexible pavement road on Onikoko and Olowo (Ilugun) roads in Abeokuta.
Supervision of molding of 1m diameter concrete ring culvert.
Supervision of construction of Parastatal building in Oke-mosan, Abeokuta
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Ambassadorial Award – Africa Youth Circle , Nigeria Chapter
- Merit Award of Excellence in Exemplenary leadership control and service to humanity – Institute of Industrialist and Corporate Administration.
- Merit Award – By Ifesowapo community development Association Odeda LGA.
- Award of Excellence – National Association of Business Administration and Management students, D.S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Ewekoro.
- Pillar of Islam in Nigeria merit award – Nigeria Islam press.
- Honorary award as mother of FLF – Female Leadership Forum, Mapoly chapter.
- Award of honor – Ogun State Water Corporation
- Award as outstanding General Manager 2013 – Gateway News Update
- Award of Excellence – National Association of Ogun State students FUNNAB Alabata, Abeokuta 2015
- Mentor of the Year Award – Female Leadership Forum, Mapoly July, 2016.
- Award of Excellence – Agura of Gbagura Land, 2nd December, 2016.
- Diligence, Dedication and Exemplary Leadership Style Award – Highways Quarters Resident Association – 21st March, 2016
- Honorary award – Water Resources Management & Agrometerology Students Association, 16th November, 2016.
- Outstanding Performance Award – Nigerian Society of Engineers 23rd February, 2017.
- Merit Award – Istijabah Prayer Group of Nigeria 18th March, 2017
- Fellow Institute of Corporate Administration – 29th July, 2017
- Award as the Professional Icon of the year 2017 in Engineering – Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria, Ogun state Chapter 19th December, 2017
- Award of Excellence in recognition of her contribution to youth development – Ijaye Youth Organization (Ogun State Chapter) 7th April, 2018
WORKSHOPS WITH DATES ATTENDED
- Training in Project Monitoring and Evaluation – Ogun State 1999
- Change Management
- Computer Training on Microsoft Office 2003 2007
- Pipeline Design
- Leadership and Motivation skills for higher performance 2008
- PPP tour to South Africa
- Hydraulic Simulation
- Computer Aided Design
- Benchmarking visit to Uganda
- Technical Interactive Session-Sedimentation Process 2013
- Investment Felicitation Workshop – Ogun State
- Public Private Partnership in the Water Sector – Calabar 2015
- Project Management Expert
- Project Supervisor
- Procurement Expert
- Expert in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Hydraulic Expert
- Expert in Computer Aided Design