Thomas Olusoji, OLUWAGBENRO
Mr. Thomas Olusoji OLUWAGBENRO is the Assistant General Manager Finance and The Project Accountant for Ogun State Water Corporation. He was born in Ayetoro Egbado, Yewa North Local Government Area on 24th April, 1964. He graduated from the University of Lagos, Nigeria in the year 1995 with BSC Accounting. He later attended University of Ado Ekiti where he obtained the Master in Business Administration in 2006. He became a member of Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) in the year 2005. He started work with Ogun State Water Corporation in the year 1997 as a Finance Officer. He later rose to become the Project Accountant of a World Bank Assisted Project National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP) in the year 2004. He is now the Assistant General Manager Finance of the Corporation since the year 2015.
He has attended series of Courses, Training, Seminars and Workshops both Foreign and Local. Notable among them are as follows:
- Auditing and Review of Regulated Utilities: Cost Accounting Systems, Reporting Requirements and Modeling Techniques by the Institute for Public Private Partnership (IP3) in Washington DC, USA May 2008.
- Project Budgeting and Cost Control by SETYM International – Montreal, Quebec, Canada February 2009.
- Strategic and Financial Planning by Crown Agent Trainings – Sutton, Surrey, UK June 2010.
- Project Management Master Class by InterAfrica Group – Johannesburg, South Africa July 2010.
- Financial Management and Disbursement Workshop on World Bank Financial Projects, in Accra Ghana by MCEBONI CONSULT– 2009.
- Project Management and Disbursement Programme on World Bank Assisted Projects by Lagos Business School (LBS) – September 2006.
- Works Procurement Seminar on World Bank Assisted Projects by Lagos Business School (LBS) – March 2008.
- Financial Management and Disbursement Workshop by World Bank – Ibadan 2002.
- Financial Management Workshop for World Bank Assisted Projects, – Abuja 2011.
Mr. Oluwagbenro is married and blessed with children.